Monday, October 7, 2013

Team Jonathan: Flair has arrived

If you know my mom this post is going to make a lot of sense, and if you don't - you are still probably going to grin.

If you didn't catch Jonathan's update a few weeks ago regarding his prelims, I'd float back and read that for some context. Since he shared privately with friends and publicly with the blog we have both received wonderful support and affirmation from family and friends, local and across the US.

I describe to people who have not met my mom as 'the perpetual cheerleader, not the spacey dancing kind, but the rah-rah support your team kind.' She has always been blessed with positivity and energy and runs on virtually no sleep.

So two weeks ago on a Saturday morning ~8am in Virginia, Jonathan received a text message from my mom in California (awake at 4:58am):
B: Woke up with idea of orange team Jonathan wristbands. A silent/prayerful/daily reminder for your family/friends/team! Your thoughts? I'll get it done. Back to bed, maybe sleep :) Brenda
J: Haha, cool idea. Now you are awake way too early get some sleep.

Jonathan did not tell me about this message having thought that my mom was joking and/or it was just early and forgot about the conversation. So two days later we were in the car and he started laughing out loud surprised to have just received this text update from my mom:
B: Team Jonathan to arrive in Fresno 7 days. 200. How many to you? Would your parents send them out to your family? I'll send to Henks. Very excited :)

It was at this point that J decided to deem Brenda the cheerleading captain for Team Jonathan. The flair has arrived in Blacksburg and is ready for dispersing. If you'd like a physical reminder to aid in your support of the PhD journey, let us know! And if you are in Fresno- see Brenda :)
Baby Hugo is on Team Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment