Sunday, October 20, 2013

Heath-isms

We keep saying we need to write these down otherwise we are going to forget! 3 has been quite the fun language and cognitive development stage for watching Heath grow. Here are a few snapshots of what he has shared with us:

1- When describing the weather outside, variations of this talk happen every day Monday- Friday on the way to school
J/L: It looks like it is another foggy day this morning
H: Ya I can't see the sunshine, those clouds are hiding it
Us: Maybe it will come up later today
H: Hmmm, ya it is very froggy outside

2- In preparing to get ready for bed
H: But it is not dark yet
L: But it is getting dark, do you see the sun outside anymore?
H: No, but why do we call it dark?
L: (Having just preached on Genesis the week prior) Well because God made it that way. He made the moon and the stars and the sun and decided to call the light day and the dark night.
H: Ya He calls it wake up time and nigh-night time too.

3- No matter the time of day, context of activity or where we are- anatomy is clearly on Heath's mind and variations of this talk happen if not every day, at least 6 times a week. This recent example was last Sunday at 6:40am when he crawled into bed with us, me groggy and J still asleep
H: Mommy, you have a penis?
L: No
H: But Daddy has a penis
L: Yes
H: And I have a penis
L: Yes
H: But Momma, what you have?
L: A vagina
H: Ya, a gina. Girls have ginas.
We just love this guy!

2 comments:

  1. Riggins is all about the anatomical conversations as well. The best variation on the theme occurred the other day when he informed me that we do not eat penises. Um...nope, buddy, we don't eat penises. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my best friend's son, who was about 2 at the time (I think I was changing his diaper?) had a whole conversation with me about how I don't have a penis because I'm a girl. Clearly it is a very important distinction for our little guys (and girls) - and lets face it - very important distinction for us as well! :D

    ReplyDelete