Monday, March 3, 2014

Life with Reese


We've been a family of four for 3 weeks now and I thought I'd better capture what that's been like before I forget!

Heath is transitioning beautifully to his big brother role. Although his initial meeting with Reese was hesitant, he has quickly come around to self initiated kisses and hand holding and requests to hold her. I've been most pleased with his ability to sleep through any baby noises during the night or afternoon nap. One harder night he was very tired in the morning and I think Reese must have woken him but he never got up or called out for us. 

The day my mom left Heath was sad to lose Oma, but I enjoyed getting my morning snuggle buddy back. The next day he came crawling into our bed like he usually does on weekends, only this time we were a snuggle bed of four! Heath have Reese's head mooches then wanted to hold her hand. So precious. 

Reese so far has been the easier second child we were hoping for, compared to Heath's challenging infancy. She has really only fussed to have a diaper changed or to be fed, mostly to eat though which is an easy need to meet. By night three she started sleeping overnight with a block of stretches time 3-5 hrs, eating then another 2 hrs sleep, then eating and dozing in bed together the remainder of the morning. Pretty fantastic! 

Getting sleep at night has made the biggest difference in this postpartum experience compared to the last. Every day has felt manageable. I was ready and excited to have some outings with Reese after the first week. Many other factors like her 5 hr birth, birth team postpartum support, and placenta pills have all contributed to this being a very positive transition experience for me and therefor our family. 

Feeling blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment