Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Convos with Heath

I cherish our children at bedtime. For the last several months now Jonathan has Reese snuggle duty and I get chapter book (or "tractor book") reading time with Heath before bedtime snuggles. We are almost done with our second Ramona book by Beverly Cleary and he has loved them. I'm really impressed with his ability to picture and focus on the story, and he reminds me each night where we left off with what was happening. Tonight in bed after we prayed and sang, we had these conversations, totally worthy of documenting.

L: Heath will you always want to snuggle with me?
H: Ya
L: Even when you are 16?
H: Ya, even when I'm 20! :)

Then a few minutes later (after I had sung Zaacheus) he asked if he was a bad guy, then followed with this random trail of thoughts...
"But there was a bad guy and he was taking stuff from the Jews, but then he met Jesus and they had a picnic and he gave all his money back."

Earlier this morning Heath had told J that he was the boss of our family, to which J promptly retorted that "mamma and I are both bosses in this family, co-bosses." :) Heath asked, does that mean 2? "Yes, and one day you can have a spouse that you will be co-bosses with." Heath then let us know that he would like to marry Reese when they get older, because that would be easiest since she is already in our family.

After I had tucked Heath in and Jonathan laid Reese down in the bottom bed, he had his own conversation with him that went like this:
J: Heath I'm thankful that I get to be your daddy
H: I'm thankful that I'm going to be a daddy.
J: Yes, I think you will be a great daddy some day.
H: Ya, and I'm going to marry Reese...... maybe when I'm 20?!

So you see some themes we've been having here lately, especially with a favored number. It used to be 21, which was a HUGE number to him because that's how much money he had to save for his dino breakout toy over 4 months. (side note- he has proudly taken that toy in each Toy Tuesday to school since purchasing).

Sunday night the kids both had a hard time falling asleep, just too much energy to crash in their beds. It started out giggly and then turned to Heath saying Reese was keeping him awake, then she cried a bit, then it went quiet. As we got ready to go to bed we looked in their room and found these two peas in a pod!


1 comment: