Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tuesday dinners by Heath

You may remember a couple years ago when Jonathan had Tuesday night class and the evening became designated as Heath and Mama's cooking night. Well I'm thankful that the time invested that semester in teaching Heath how to prepare food and clean in the kitchen has come back full circle! This semester Jonathan is a TA for a Master's class meeting Tuesdays 4-7pm. With Reese now part of this family, and usually wanting to nurse as soon as possible after daycare pickup, this mama needs help. Enter Heath.

For the last three weeks now, Heath has completely on his own, prepared a salad and chicken dinner for the two of us (with leftovers waiting for dad). This is one helpful 4.5yr old!

While Heath loves to 'make' salad by washing and tearing up lettuce, I've simplified for these first couple nights with the prepared bag- namely for me to build my confidence in trusting him with multiple steps. 

Such concentration! (Opening the prepared Purdue chicken slices to heat in the microwave)

As I'm sitting in the chair nursing Reese, I ask 'how's it going?' He just taste tested and gives the thumb's up!

Ta-da! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! Teaching a valuable skill and to be a good helper! I'm really impressed and hoping Penny will be in that same boat in a couple of years!

    ReplyDelete