Monday, July 13, 2015

Selling our first home

Last post Jonathan shared that we listed our house for sale on the market Thursday, June 25th and immediately got positive responses with several showings on day one and day two. Friday night our realtor met us after the kids went to bed and shared 3 offers!! We were overwhelmed with God's provision. The offers were good, with varying degrees of price difference and contingencies. We made a plan to call for "highest and best" by 5pm the next day to give an opportunity for things to shake out, knowing it was possible that some offers could walk away. But being only one day in, we felt confident that something good would come. Saturday morning I prayed that whatever offers came or didn't come, that it would be clear- that we would have no regrets over which one to choose. Saturday our realtor was in a little communication with us, enough to say an offer came in strong, and that things were getting crazy but good. So Saturday night we gathered again in our living room and she presented the news that we had 6 offers to review! SIX! All of them were offering list price and above.

There was one very strong offer, not just in the offer price, but in what their agent described as 'the strongest offer package he has ever written.' It was a cash offer, no potential hiccups of bank financing or appraisal; it waived all contingencies- no home inspection, no radon inspection, no termite inspection; it offered an aggressive closing date of 21 days to sign on July 17th- our last day at VT, with a seller's agreement attached to allow us to continue living at the house through July 31st at no cost.
Our Virginia Home, a first in ownership
Even in snow covered winter- LOVE!

It was clear. My prayer was answered beyond measure in a way that I didn't even know was possible. As I've thought about other times in my life where I have felt this kind of blessing, I reflect on my 'perfect man' list that I drafted at age 18. Jonathan Manz does not align with this list on every single point, but I am humbled by God's provision to give more than I could even dream in what I considered 'ideal.' (humorous example: it turns out not having a husband who loves black licorice as I do is quite alright- in its place are qualities like cooking breakfast for me nearly every morning of the week!) God is so good to show faithfulness in provisions, better than what my human lens can muster. And so as we pack up our first home in Virginia and feel all the emotions of transition and change, I am reminded to find rest in this provision and faith in a God will continue to provide for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment